What we do
Enactus Nottingham is a not-for-profit, student-led organisation that exists within the University of Nottingham. We work to transform the lives of people in need through the power of business. We do this by setting up social enterprises that provide employment and their by-product does both social and environmental good.
Enactus Nottingham runs social enterprises both in the UK and internationally, with a team of over 60 people at the forefront of social entrepreneurship; laying the path for change.
- We work by identifying problems and carrying out needs assessments to come up with solutions to real world problems.
- We have strong partnerships within the communities we work in, as well as in the corporate world to aid our delivery.
- We work closely with the University of Nottingham, to harness their expertise to help further our social enterprises' success.
We believe in harnessing the power of business to create sustainable and scalable change to those in need across the world.
We draw on innovation both in the physical sense, as well as experiment with innovative business models to truly transform the lives of others.
Therefore our mission is to:
'Create business. Transform lives'
What is Enactus?
We are very proud of all our achievements and awards we have received as a team!
This year, 2020, we achieved the title of back to back Champions, being crowned Enactus UK Champions for the second year running!
In 2019, we were crowned Enactus UK Champions and in September 2019 had the opportunity to represent the UK in Silicon Valley, at the Enactus World Cup, coming in the Top 16 globally.
In 2018, our social enterprises received a wide variety of awards:
- The Wilko Social Entrepreneurship award for our social supermarket in Sneinton, Foodprint.
- Support from the Ford Motor Company fund for our neuro- diverse coding programme, CodeX.
- Semi-finalists in the Enactus National Expo 2018.
In 2016, Enactus Nottingham crowned the Enactus UK Champions after competing with 52 other teams across the UK. In September 2016, the team had the opportunity to represent Enactus UK at the Enactus World Cup in Toronto.
In 2015, Enactus Nottingham won the Green Gown reward for Enterprise and Employability.